Friday, April 11, 2008

Is this really News???

It seems that American Idol changed the words to Shout to the Lord.

Check it out at WorldNetDaily:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=61234

Unfortunately I have come to expect this from the mainstream culture. I do think it is good that somebody keeps track of this whole culture that opposes Christianity and I completely affirm that Christians, real Christian, must engage in the arena of ideas.

But to take American Idol seriously as one of the places where anyone should be upset that they disavowed Jesus by changing the words to Shout to the Lord seems like a waste of ink to me. I am glad that WND reporter tried to contact Idol and that Idol did do the song as originally written the next night. Cudos to American Idol...still why should anyone expect redeemed behavior from unredeemed people. Does that mean I'm judging the people on American Idol...nope. TV programs can't be Christians only people can be Christians. Jesus never said to "non-believers" if you deny me before men I will deny you before My Father...He said that to "Christians." Besides have you watched FOX lately...not cable FOX...the regular one.

I suppose that someone could argue that because the show in question on Idol was doing a relief concert that ended with Shout to the Lord that they might expect a bit more fair treatment of the lyrics but was any "Christian musician" on the show? Yes, I know artists can be Christian and sing country...blah, blah, blah... What fellowship has light with darkness? Were the sponsors of the broadcast Christian sponsors? or were they selling alcohol, and cars, and other FOX shows? Come on true believers use the mind God gave you and engage in more than rants against the world. Come up with a plan to love Ryan, Simon, Paula and Randy the way Christ loves them.

No comments: