Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Judge Kramer vs Reason

For an excellent commentary on the issue at hand I would direct you to byron-harvey's blog

I have read the 27 page tentative decision and would just add my two cents worth. If the basis for a decision of jurisprudence is the "rational test" in such cases then I would have expected the decision by Judge Kramer to include some discussion of the meaning of words like marriage and the role of associated words as the cornerstones of living societies and legal systems. Maybe I'm just being too simple but the cornerstone of our judicial system is the Ten Commandments, [yes I know another issue entirely] but last I checked the Word of God didn't read "do not covet thy neighbors significant other." Marriage as a word means something to American Heritage, Webster, and to God....does it to you?

Peace

just for fun

California's Constitution
US Constitution plus
US Constitution

No comments: