Thursday, June 23, 2005

Redirected by a mentor

Look just a little bit to your left...see the list of books I'm reading. Maybe not so important to you but I like to read and am often influenced by other peoples reading list. I haven't finished it yet but that book at the top of the list. Good stuff...well at least as far as I've gotten in it.

I had the privledge of having Dr. Bruce Ware for a professor and the contents of his new book aren't foreign but they are compacted and refined, to me, as purer gold then when I heard them the first time in class. That is probably due to changes in me rather than in his teaching or doctrine. That you can take to the bank.

In the acknowledgements he writes, "More that any other needs we have as human beings and as Christians, we need to know God." AMEN I said and then began to think about the activities of my life and my recent fascination with NUMB3RS. God worked as only He can and I found myself redirected in this activity...blogging. I'm still working through the actual details but faithful reader, and newcomer alike, I will be writing differently as I blog. So pay attention to the shift and I trust that God will bless you as together we "know Him, the one true God and Jesus Christ whom He sent = eternal life." John 17.3

Peace

No comments: