Tuesday, June 21, 2005

NUMB3RS

Have you seen the show? It's on Friday nights. And I'm hooked. I really don't care much for t.v. and watch far less now than I once did but I like this show.

The premise is that an older brother works for the FBI and he is an excellent agent but some crimes have his team stumped. Enter the younger brother who is a math genius and uses NUMB3RS to help assist his brother solve cases. Add in a few interpersonal relationships and struggles and viola you have a show.

I think there are two reasons why I like the show so much. One is my own interest in numbers. In high school I was quite good at the math and sciences. I even entered college to become a math teachers. Then I got to differential equations and bottomed out...failed the course twice. So I like the show because it fulfills a distant dream of mine from long ago. Besides I am not really certain that the show and the way math is used is an honest and real use of math but that leads to the second reason why I like the show.

The idea that math could be used for such an application, whether the show is accurate is irrelevant to the point, leads me to think about intelligent design of the universe we live in...Yeah God. And that after all is the real bottom line. Whatever you do in word or deed do all for the glory of God.

No comments: