Friday, August 26, 2005

Abortions the Problem???

A .com news agency is reporting that in the former Soviet Union there are more abortions than births taking place. The article itself meanders over a point somewhere but I am not sure that I know what it is. [sort of reminds me of myself at times] So here are my points.

The first is shaking my finger at what appears to be the point of the article. If I get it straight the author of the article is saying that the abortions that take place are undermining the Russian economy because there are more people on pensions than there are children and adolescents. This translates into the workforce in Russia. So without the necessary workforce the economy is in a spiral downward. But, by the articles own admission the jobs that were traditionally held by the women of Russia no longer pay wages sufficient for the current “standard of living.” So then young Russians attempt to try and get on their career feet first and so forth. Then in the course of things when the Russian Yuppies get pregnant the baby is seen as something that will throw them into poverty.

Follow me here. The article quotes that with the fall of Communism in 1991 and the ensuing hyperinflation things went from bad to worse. That was only 14 years ago. The same Yuppies that are now aborting their children were conceived under the Communist regime of the USSR. A society who tried to erase God from their lives and where the ruling bodies enjoyed wealth and comfort and the populace broke their backs and waited in line for bread. It seems to me the article has a problem in understanding the nature of abortion and the impact that 1.6 million reported murders has upon a nation of 145 million. Maybe it’s the moralistic values, or the lack thereof, that the abortion minded young people have that is the base line problem. Not to mention the view that the program of financial success is more important than a human life.

My second point is this. Go and read the article [More Abortion than Births in Russia] and you will notice an undercurrent that claims that things were better in the USSR under Communism. Then go and find a copy of the movie “The Harvest of Despair.” You’ll have to really search for it but if you find it you will see the millions of Russian citizens burned in barns and exterminated by Stalin. Wait, he was a Communist…things were better under their rule. How soon a people, a world, can forget. Thank you Dr. Albert Michael from the University of Buffalo.

Oh I just thought of a third point….I’ll be brief. I thought the world population was increasing? Yes I know all those children dieing from starvation in 3rd world countries need food…and they do. But in the former Soviet Union they are killing them.

No comments: