Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Hugh Hewitt: a book review

I just finished Hugh Hewitt’s book, “If it isn’t close, they can’t cheat” that is listed in my “what I’m reading now column” and I would recommend it to anyone. Although most of the context for the book was the election cycle of 2004 it has very valuable content that relates to life as we know it in the USA. His main thrust is to understand the level of involvement that the individual citizen has with respect to politics as they relate to National Security. There can be no debate that is the primary concern for us today, as it should have been from the beginning.

To place this in a Biblical context we read Scripture insofar as it relates that government was established by God for the punishment of those who are criminally guilty and for the protection of citizens from outside threats. Terrorism qualifies.

I picked the book up at a secondhand book store for less than 10 bucks. Well worth it.

No comments: